Benefits of Membership
When you join a BPW local chapter, you become a member of the district, national, provincial, and international organizations; entitled to attend events; receive communications; and contribute to policy development—all included in your annual membership fee.
Advocacy and Awareness
- Opportunities to shape our world and celebrate our accomplishments
- Opportunities to debate current issues affecting women
- Personal and professional skill development opportunities are provided through club programs, workshops and member-only web resources.
- Develop leadership capabilities in a safe environment.
Supportive Networking Environment
- Opportunity to network and form lasting friendships with knowledgeable and informed women from a broad range of occupations and interests at all levels of the organization.
- BPW members with current memberships can access the members only sections of BPW Ontario, Canada and International websites. Contact your club president for your password. Note that your membership may have to be verified before granting access.
- Fast track your career through leadership training and opportunities.
- Be part of a globally recognized organization with a consultative status at the United Nations..
Durham Club Benefits
BPW Durham is a member of the Whitby Chamber of Commerce. BPW Durham members can attend WCC events at the WCC member fee. (Ask for details)
BPW Durham members in good standing will be able to post events on the BPW Durham Calendar.
BPW Durham actively promotes our Members! Members will also be able to display their promotional material on our display table at all club meetings and whenever BPW Durham has a table at outside events.
Please contact the Membership Chair if you would like more information.
How to Join
Interested in joining? Membership to BPW Durham is open to both women AND men who are full-time post-secondary students, working, retired, self-employed or professionals. We invite you to come to one or two meetings and fill out an application. Once approved, and with receipt of your membership fee, we will arrange for your official installment into our organization!
Monthly Dinner Meetings
Meetings average 9/year (Sept to May) – Dinner fees subject to change without notice, please confirm prior to reserving your seat!
As well, during the summer months we hold our annual Summer Socials. These are casual networking lunch meetings held at various restaurants. Check out our Summer Socials page for more details and updates
BPW Durham Club Fees 2020-2021 (Revised May, 2019)
New Members: $190.00/yr
Renewing Members: $175/yr; Renewing Students $100/yr
* Corporate fees include one membership club fee and monthly fees for dinner meetings. Corporate members may bring
Additional (1) guest to meeting who pays at member dinner meeting cost. Only one vote per Corporate membership.
**Minimum 18 years and full-time Post Secondary
Fees reflect operations costs and are annually reviewed at the BPW Durham AGM. Increases will be implemented in the next renewal cycle, unless BPW International, BPW Canada, or BPW Ontario fee increases are implemented in the same calendar year.
Prospective Members are invited to download and fill in the New Membership Application 2020 and submit to the Treasurer with your fee payment. Please contact the Membership Chair if you should have any questions or would like more information.
Corporate Memberships: Please download and fill in the New Corporate Membership BPWCanada and Corporate Employee Consent BPWC and submit to the Treasurer with your fee payment. Please contact the Membership Chair if you should have any questions or would like more information.