January 2020 – Dinner Meeting

Jane Thuet

Join us as we welcome Royal LePage Whitby sale rep Jane Thuet as our guest speaker. Jane is an award winning, top producer in Whitby and her real estate bokerage, active in our community. An active member of the Rotary Club of Whitby Sunrise, Jane currently sits on the board of directors as the Co-director of PR. Jane has held roles on the board of Whitby Ribfest, past coordinator of her club’s work with St. Vincent’s Kitchen as well as current volunteer. Jan is also an active member of 100 Women Who Care Whitby.

Jane will be sharing her her story of her journey in the Sahara Challenge For Shelter benefiting the Royal LePage Shelter Foundation, Jane raised $13,500 individually and as a group of 3 from the Whitby office raised $35,700. 20% of the funds raised go to violence prevention programs and the remaining 80% go directly to the shelter(s) of their choice. The Denise House & YWCA, will be receiving a cheque for $14,280. As a group of 120 who participated in the Sahara Trek For Shelter they collectively raised $1,136,644 for women and children fleeing domestic violence. This is the record amount of funds raised from a group through Charity Challenge (the company that organizes the treks).

In 2017 Jane participated in a similar trek across Iceland raising approximately the same amount for her two local shelters.

We invite you to engage and share your ideas, knowledge and talents with BPW Durham!

BPW Durham Dinner Meetings are sponsored by Durham Workforce Authority.

Date: Thursday, January 16, 2020
Time: 6PM – 8:30PM
Location: 3 Steps Up Coffee House
605 Brock St N, Whitby, ON L1N 9S8
Cost: $35/pp (includes dinner, tea, coffee)

BPW Durham Meeting Registration

Please register below so we can let the restaurant know how many to expect in order for them to have enough meals prepared. If you have any special dietary needs or need assistance with registration, please contact us.


Registration:
Receive future emails/notices