Saturday, October 15, 2016, 9AM to 3PM
BPW Durham presents our specialized workshop, “LinkedIn for the UnLinked”! Learn how to effectively harness the power of the world’s #1 business networking site to reach your utmost professional potential. A LinkedIn profile is much more than just an online resume.
Join us for an inspiring, hands-on workshop that will maximize your online presence for job search, network building or creating a solid customer base. This requires a professional headshot, a distinctive profile, proper business etiquette and much more. We are here to help!
A team of successful professionals will guide you whether you are job seeking, work in the corporate world or own a small business.
At our workshop, you will learn:
- Why LinkedIn is the social media channel of choice for professional, business and job seekers
- The Basics (signing in and signing up), Staying Secure and Navigating the Screen
- What is your Intention and what do you want to Achieve
- Who is your Target Audience and How do You present Yourself online to reach that Target Audience
- Business Etiquette, Contacts and Messaging. Connecting and Networking.
On site we will have MakeUp Artist and Photographer to make sure your headshot is current and professional and a Professional Trainer to help you sign in or sign up.
PLEASE RESERVE IN ADVANCE TO GUARANTEE SEATING
- Lorna Weston-Smyth (Executive Coach, LWS Coaching and Training)
- Allison Clarke (Founder, Couples Ignite the Fire)
- Kim Beatty (Marketing Master Creating Buz, CreativeBuz Marketing Services)
- Tanya Cochrane, Computer Instructor
Resources Page - Participants please enter the password to gain access to the workshop resources
Who should Attend?
Job Seekers, Employers, Entrepreneurs, Business people and Professionals.
Anyone who wants to join LinkedIn and anyone who has a LinkedIn account and wants to improve how it works for you!
Participants are expected to bring their own laptops with WIFI capability.
Please use the Contact with Us page if you have any questions.
This Workshop is made possible by our generous sponsor!